healthy mug cake recipe
Did you know March is International Nutrition Month?! Out favorite month 😋 We love creating alllll of the healthy recipes for you babes so you can totally enjoy every meal but also FEEL amazing too. I am also so excited, because today is my birthday!! I am going on a little staycation with Ryan next week and can’t wait to celebrate.
But let’s be honest… nothing screams birthday more than cake. I mean really, that’s all I want today. I’m so ready for all of the birthday vibes and I wanted you girls to join in on the party. That’s why I put together this HEALTHY-er Easy CinnaBun Mug Cake for one!
I love making a healthy mug cake recipe; sometimes you just need something sweet but don’t want to make a huge mess or make a full dessert that goes to waste. Or if you’re like me… having a giant plate of cookies in the house or a cake waiting to be cut into is a little too tempting. But girlfriend, hear me when I say this – It’s OKAY to indulge once in a while as long as it’s in moderation. If you want to eat the cake, eat the damn cake! I just love this healthy mug cake recipe because it’s the perfect guilt-free sweet treat I can enjoy (even when it’s not my birthday 😉)
This healthy mug cake recipe tastes just like a CinnaBun but has WAY less sugar and other stuff that makes you feel blech. It’s so easy, just throw the ingredients into a mug, pop it in the micro, and voila! You have a delish, cinnamon sweet treat. Oh and seriously, don’t skip out on that frosting. It’s super easy and totally completes your little cake in a mug.
Want more guilt-free recipes? Check out my Lifestyle Makeover Bundle that has EVERYTHING you need for delicious and healthy nutrition, with recipes just like this one.
Try it out and make sure to tag me @lovesweatfitness! I can’t wait for you to taste all of this deliciousness 😍 And girl, I totally hear you that it’s so hard to know how to lose weight and still enjoy what you’re eating! That’s why I broke down how to lose 10 pounds in a month in a HEALTHY way and feel amazing. Check it out here.
Easy CinnaBun Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup GF all purpose flour or almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or monk fruit maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or monk fruit sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray.
- Add the flour, baking powder, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil inside. Mix it well together and add additional milk if needed for a thick cake batter consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together and mix in or just sprinkle it on top.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 25 seconds until cooked through and enjoy!
- Mix together to create a frosting.
- Drizzle on top of mug cake.